The following list contains the storyline missions in GTA IV. These missions are listed by the locations in Liberty City they are triggered at.
NOTE: While some missions may be in order, some may not, as the player can unlock many of them at the same time and complete them at their own order.
- A Long Way to Fall
- Taking in the Trash
- Museum Piece
- No Way on the Subway
- Weekend at Florian's
- Late Checkout
- Complete all 10 random character missions (Except for Cherise, Ivan, Jeff, Clarence)
- Unlock Jacob's special ability.
- Unlock Brucie's special ability.
- Unlock Packie's special ability.
- Beat a friend or computer in game of Bowling.
- Beat a friend or computer in a game of Pool.
- Beat a friend or computer in a game of Darts.
- Beat the high score in the QBW3D arcade game
- Complete Most Wanted mission in all three islands.
- Complete 20 Vigilante missions using the recent crime option.
- Win all 9 of Brucie Kibbutz Races.
- Complete all 10 Drug Deliveries for Little Jacob.
- Exterminate all 200 Pidgeons.
- Complete all 50 Unique Jumps in Liberty City.
Side Missions not needed for 100% completionEdit
Note: The following contains tasks not needed for 100% completion, this includes random characters, Taxi missions, and friend and girlfriend activities.
- Jeff ( 3 missions)
- Cherise Glover (1 mission)
- Ivan Bytchkov ( 1 mission)
- Clarence Little (1 mission)
- Drive passengers for Roman.
- Unlock Roman's special ability
- Unlock Dwayne's special ability
- Get 100% progress with Michelle.
- Get 100% progress with Kate.
- Get 100% progress with Carmen.
- Get 100% progress with Kiki.
- Get 100% progress with Alex.
Upon getting 100% completetion in the game, the player gets the "Key To The City" achievement/Trophy along with buying infinite amount of ammunition.